Daily, gritty, spiritual inspiration from bestselling 'high heeled guide' author, Alice Grist.
Is it possible to create meaningful change in your life by shifting a few thoughts and embracing a gently spiritual existence? As author of 4 spiritual books and a new one (Dirty & Divine - a sacred journey through tarot) due out next year, I say a big hell yeah. My life has been changed massively and for the better, simply by embracing some of these powerful, but easy tips. I have found a happier existence, a way to handle difficult times and a source of comfort, creativity and self love. I promise you that wonderful transformation is but a thought away. This is the stuff powerful people are made of, let’s get spiritual...
1) Change nothing but accept everything. Know that your life is perfect as it is, in all its chaotic, sinful, funny craziness. In accepting who we are, we give up the fight to force change to happen. The fight is exhausting and so letting it go frees up so much more energy to get zingy with. Just wait and see how much spark you have when you are no longer stressing about the things you think you need to change. Instead you may find that life rushes in and fills you up with opportunity’s to grow in ways you could never have imagined up yourself. So change nothing, accept yourself and then expect serious miracles!
2) Trust that you don’t always need to be in the driving seat, and that a more powerful, subtle and beautiful energy can sweep you up and take you forward. Have faith that you are a part of the spiritual fabulousness and that the universe is just waiting for you to give over to its mysterious ways.
3) Give yourself some time off being mistress of your life and let life nudge and blow you where it will. Understand that your mind controls nothing, not really. Surrender attempts at control and you will discover magical ways that you are more supported and loved by life itself. Enjoy the adventure that frees you from being the boss of you. Surrender to the idea that anything can happen. And then let it.
4) Keep an eye open for synchronicity, or as I like to call it, non-coincidence. When crazily wonderful meetings of minds, or opportunities occur don’t write them off as happy accident, instead embrace the idea that a spiritual world is buoying you up, sending opportunity your way and creating wonderful events to help nudge you in your perfect direction.
5) Make a choice to open your mind, heart and life to some wicked awesomeness happening. Believe it when it happens. Ask for it to happen if you wish, send a little mental note to the universe, angels, guides and fairies declaring your faith and letting the ‘powers that be’ know you are waiting for something to affirm your faith. Ask for a sign, go ahead, just ask, When you receive it, know that the journey of a lifetime is starting.
6) Try starting a new habit instead of stopping an old one and see what happens. Find ways to feed your soul, read spiritual books, be in nature, pray, dance, make an altar to whatever you choose to believe in, whisper your positive intent to the moon. Watch all your unhappiness drift away as you embrace a higher power and start to feel connected to your true existence.
7) Resolve to believe that a higher spiritual power resides in you, around you and in all that come your way. Then choose to love and forgive and be kind in ways previously uncharted. Exist in a pool of love that you share willingly. Believe that your heart, your love and your goodness can ripple out and change the world.
Empower your life now with a Dirty & Divine Whole Goddess reading from Alice.
Alice's powerful everyday spiritual thinkings! See topics below or browse through for life changing inspiration!