More often than I care to think about a client comes to me in desperation with this cry for help. 'I've had a bad reading, what do I do?'
As a tarot reader and tarot author of 25 years I despair at how many people seem to be duped by psychic / tarot / magic peddling fortune tellers who undertake readings that leave folks feeling helpless and scared. Here I am going to break down what a 'bad reading is' and what you can do right now to feel better.
What is a bad reading?
A bad reading is:
- one that leaves you questioning your life choices.
- one that has you feeling as if you have no power over your life and everything is going to go wrong.
- one that predicts doom and gloom and leaves you scared for the future.
-one that predicts anything at all and makes you feel as if your life is set in stone.
- one that is contradictory and changes as you share information.
- one that leaves you uneasy and with a bad taste in your mouth, even if it isn't clear why.
- one that has you reach out to other people for advice or to help prove the original reading wrong.
- one where you are instructed what to do.
I have had a number of bad readings over the years. And from that perspective, I can assure you that nothing anyone says or predicts for you is likely to come true. Not at all. Please, in the first instance, disregard anything you have been told that makes you feel bad about your life or yourself.
What I have discovered from my own work as an international tarot reader and tarot expert, is that free will is the most wonderful thing in the world. And you have it. In buckets. You can change and shift your life on a whim. You can manifest, spiritually and with great power. You too can predict your own life events, and tune into your intuition far better than any 'reader' ever could.
Nothing is set in stone. Nobody knows your life better than you. You are, always, the wisdom and authority you need.
I understand it though, having a bad reading can set you upside down and inside out (I have been in this situation several times and as yet those bad predictions have not come true). Still, it is painful to place your life in someone's spiritual hands and have difficult, scary prophesies made. When you do this you effectively hand over all your power, and if the reader is unscrupulous, you can lose more than just the money you paid. This is a very real problem, and one that I am keep to set straight.
And no, I'm not going to try to sell you my readings as antidote to your bad one. What I will tell you is this, and I'll say it over and over. You are your own spiritual authority. You always have been. If a psychic / tarot / spiritual reading feels wrong, it is because it is wrong.
It is your own power filled intuition that is telling you that. So listen to yourself. If you find yourself on this page. It is because your inner guide led you here. If a reading is bad in your mind, it is because it was bad in real life. Here is your first lesson. Trust yourself more than you trust some shabby reading that broke your heart. Disregard what you were told now and know that none of it need come true.
So what does a good reading look and feel like?
- a good reading makes no solid predictions but helps you see the power you have in your life.
- a good reading addresses the chaos and difficult times, but helps you find a way through them.
- a good reading feels like empowerment and enlightenment
- a good reading leads you straight back to your life purpose, your heart your emotions
- a good reading aligns you with your strengths
- a good reading has you feeling like superwoman, ready to take on your circumstances, plans and life!
The best person to read for you, is you. This is why I wrote my book The Book of Tarot (published July 2020) so that you can start to learn the tools of divination, tarot, spirituality and intuition for yourself. For there is no better place for spiritual guidance than in your hands, heart and mind. If you are interested in spirituality, in the possibility of the mystical, of the divine at work in your own life, then there are ways to capture your own magic that do not involve anybody but you. This can be a life changing trip. Whether you choose to explore your own psychic power, or simply start to meditate and open your mind to spiritual ideas, the power you are looking for, lays with you. I offer the following tools to help you connect with your own inner spiritual guide:
Check out The Book of Tarot - preorder now - to help connect you with all that lays within.
I am currently running a reasonably priced spiritual group on a Tuesday via zoom. We meditate, talk tarot and find our personal power together... Come join us.
Come follow me at the links below for lots of free and inspiring spiritual guidance that will leave you feeling fully uplifted!
Please feel free to share this article with folks suffering a bad or upsetting reading. Copyright Alice Grist May 2020