You may be wondering what on earth this 'Dirty & Divine' is that I continually mention and load up with hashtags. Well for those who are uncertain, here it is broken down.
Firstly it is the title of my next book. Which is an empowering journey using tarot cards as a modern day vision quest. It is startling in it's power, and it shook my life right up. I am offering you the chance to follow my lead and get to know your life from an intimate 'Dirty & Divine' perspective.
But what does that mean? The dirty is your humanity, your muck, your everyday existence. Because once you get a spiritual inkling, the rest of life continues anyway. So you live with a soulful heart, but often induldging very human actions, behavoirs and thoughts. Maybe you beat yourself up about this. Perhaps you wish you could be 'better', or 'more spiritual'. The fact is, your dirty, is perfect. It is exactly the point of your life. Without it there would be very little left to learn, very little left to strive for. It is painful, yet so, very, pertinent.
Your Divine... Well that is a whole other show. It is what underpins you. Irrespective of how spiritual you may feel, or how dirty you become in life. You are always spirit. That is a fact of a spiritual life. Your spirit doesn't leave you, it doesn't become sullied. It just is. Situated fat within your heart, ushering up as intuitions, and quietly hoping that you listen to her whispers.
So there you are; a great big mess of contradiction. A spiritual person with fire in her belly and a catalogue full of mistakes and errors in her past. And it is all perfect.
Dirty & Divine is a spiritual practice. The book leads you through a new way to experience the tarot. It isn't about predictions or fortune telling. Rather is is about taking a pack of pretty pictures and putting them to work on your behalf. Together we use them as a diving board into whatever needs to come up in your life. be that dirty, be that divine, probably it is both.
My trip down the Dirty & Divine lane, changed everything. I hoped for magic, and I got it, coated in dirt. I wanted change, and it came in unexpected ways. It transformed my life, and the fallout from that continues to this day. Dirty & Divine is beautiful in its power. It is not fo the faint hearted. Whilst the idea may be fun, the actioning of it is awesome, is chaotic and renders up the perfect storm.
And your life will change; for the better. But the rip tide that pulls your through each tarot card is a true education. Sky and earth become confused and your Dirty & Divine marry up in ways unexpected. It is a sacred trip to your soul and then out again to the perimters of your grubby flesh.
If you are planning on getting Dirty & Divine with me when the book releases in March, then you can start to prepare now.
1) Buy a tarot pack and/or dig out your old pack. Start to play with them. Get friendly, because for the 78 day mission of Dirty & Divine they are going to be your best friends.
2) Head over to facebook and request to join the private Dirty & Divine group. This is a place whereby you can connect with me and others undertaking the journey, to get feedback and discuss your experiences.
3) Tell your friends and see if any of them fancy hand holding you through it. Perhaps form a Dirty & Divine book club, where you can get together with likeminded souls and journey the cards as a group. Using each other as support and feedback!
4) Preorder the book to get involved in a very private online workshop with me where I will help prepare you for your journey. Preorder available very soon!
I am so looking forward to getting Dirty & Divine with you! love, Alice
Dirty & Divine Group
More about Dirty & Divine, endorsements and blurb...
My 2017 Newsletter... Sign up here to get this direct to your inbox
Have you recovered yet?
Not from the New Year and Christmas splurging, but from 2016! What a year that was. It goes down in my 38 year history as direly memorable, and for so many of the wrong reasons. There was chaos at home, and abroad. And when I say at home, I mean, in my literal home. Not to mention all the death and war and disagreement and destruction. Yuck.
Horrible years, good decades make. Every so often a horrid year, month, day, moment comes around. And it can make you and mould you. Or, if you are disinclined to it, it will bury you. Chaos brings the scum of life to the surface where it must be dealt with, leaving us, eventually, with clean and clear waters, until such time as the dirt rises again...
I spent part of the year 2016 buried. Lost in turmoil as my relationship became far more dirty than divine. The lessons of 2016 took me away from my spiritual comfort zone and bang into the grime of sickness, wellbeing, mental health, addiction, arguments, recovery and more, literal sickness. I saw out the year, catching kids vomit in my pyjamas. It was a metaphor that wasn't lost on me. Having spent a whole year, partly in a state of maternity, partly working from home. All under one roof, without much communication with a bizarrely angry outside world. It was a weird old year.
Indeed... it was beautiful too. For there is never just awful. There were my children. My little baby becoming a toddler. My toddler becoming a child. The little adventures. The moments of clarity. The writing of a book. A few lovely breaks away. And in the background, burbling away there was recovery, and improvement, and a slow burn towards something a little like contentment.
I guess I am being evasive on the details, because, in part, they are not my details to share. Though for the super curious, my book Dirty and Divine, out in two months (March 2017) will fill you in. Dirty and Divine is the journey I took through the Tarot Cards - one card a day. It was a journey that kickstarted so much incredible in my life. But for the good to rise, we (and it was my journey, but it became about 'us')
first had to shift the bad. And that takes some doing. Nearly a year later, the dirt is well on its way to being shifted, and 2017 is looking and feeling a whole heap of something better. But that Dirty & Divine journey. It is not for the fainthearted...
When I set out on my Dirty and Divine trip through the tarot, I had no idea. I was holding out for angels and miracles. I got so much more. I got pain, strife, excitement, inspiration and all the other perfect ingredients for a storm that was set to bring me to a better place. And a good storm it was. One I highly recommend as a modern day vision quest. Something to test your bones and bring the smile back. If you feel that it's a journey you need to take, then preorders will be available very soon. In the meantime, I suggest you crack open a pack of Tarot cards and start getting to know them. When you combine them with Dirty & Divine you will have a personal revolution on your hands, now is the time to get friendly.
Also, come and join up to the Dirty & Divine Facebook page, which will be a haven of spiritual support for those who undertake the journey...
Wild Woman Retreat
You may know I am so excited to be involved in a new project the Wild Woman Retreat. This is a weekend healing and teaching retreat event that I am hosting with Louisa Darling (Barefoot Festival) in May in the Midlands. Check it out here... and the Facebook page here... I hope you will be able to come! We have teachers booking in already, including the incredible Lisa Lister, myself and of course Louisa too. It will be fully catered and kids are welcome, and will have their own space.
Dirty & Divine Workshops
There are plans afoot for several Dirty & Divine workshops around the time of the book's launch. More details coming soon. I am hoping that everyone who preorders a copy will be invited to a private online tarot workshop too, which will help kickstart your Dirty & Divine journey.
Tarot / Spiritual Coaching
I am currently not undertaking any of my usual tarot readings. I love them, but found the format and creation of them a little limiting. However I am working on a very intimate level with clients, with sessions encompassing full on spiritual guidance, meditation, readings and practice. As such I am no longer undertaking generic 'readings'. If you would like to work closely with me by phone, Skype, or in person, then please do get in touch directly.
So you want to lose some weight, and fast...
That band around your middle and the thunder in your thighs is keeping you small right?
And of course, you will be happier when you are so many ounces, such a dress size, ever so slinky and small...
How about this instead? Maybe the desire to be 'less' is a state of delirium imposed on you by a society that wishes to sell you anxiety. When you buy into that anxiety you become a pawn. One who lives out his or her life beholden to your own bodily parts. So you don't move forward, you may not find true love, you never quite commit to that career move, you choose badly based around self perception, you say no more than yes, you lose perspective to the feelings of self loathing.
Yes, the desire to lose weight, to be less, is precisely that. A recipe for a life of less. And I speak from experience. I remember when my days were practiced around the possibility of attending the gym and the requirement to eat appropriately. It was an obsession. It defined me. I didn't get much done in those days... My mind and heart danced around my perimeters, but no further. Then I opened to another aspect of myself. A part that transcends bones, skin and fat. My spirit. It weighs nothing, and it changes everything.
Here is a four step spiritual 'cleanse' that may just change your everything, and help you to lose the turbulent gravity of weight, that sits heavy in your heart...
1) Open to the idea that you an an everlasting spiritual spark of amazing. You read this far and therefore, you are open to there being, 'something more'. Now what if that something more, is you? What if you go on beyond this life. What if you incarnated here with a purpose, one that is so much more than checking in on the bathroom scales. Consider that you are infinite and that the source of all love and power resides right inside of you. Yeah it's big. And yeah you are, in spirit and soulful stature. And that is where big counts.
2) You can't reach your big, fat, bountiful spirit if you are consumed by and consuming an appetite for less, for being less, for becoming less, for losing weight, and in that same breath losing sanity, losing soul and losing self. There is so much literal junk standing between you, and the idea of your forever self. Here are a few examples of decluttering and allowing your spirited self to step forward. Stop buying magazines that inflict heartache on you due to the unrealisitic images. Stop perusing facebook in a comparative exercise, counting flaws and comparing waists. Don't buy things you don't need to adorn yourself. Just be for a little while. Free from images and comparison.
3) Feed your soul instead. Look to what makes you happy on a truly base level. What did you love as a child? Revisit it. Do what you used to do, and do it lots. Think hard on what you love. Find expression for any self loathing you have and transmute it into your creations and your art, your work and your journal. Let it bleed from you until you are left with something that feels a little more like self love.
4) Meditate, masturbate, read, pray, take long baths, be in nature, put your phone down and find some silence (frequently), be only with inspirational people and talk only about wonderful things, write down your night dreams and decipher their code, write down your day dreams and step towards them, refuse your minds need to return you to fear; dance, sing, draw, colour, garden, cook, eat, learn. Forgive yourself for something. forgive someone else. Move on. Expand in a hundred ways. Get bigger. Take up more space in the world.
If you enjoyed this, please check out my books...
Book a spiritual guidance and tarot session with me...
Dirty and Divine, my latest book is out March 2017!
Alice's powerful everyday spiritual thinkings! See topics below or browse through for life changing inspiration!